Peanut Butter Star Cookies – Free Crochet Pattern
To crochet peanut butter star cookies are really easy and they can be made in an assortment of yarns. Crochet one or a dozen as play food.
To bake peanut butter star cookies is just as easy and is an excellent source of protein to make kids healthy and strong.
What You Will Need To Crochet Peanut Butter Star Cookies
Basic stitches, simple shaping and finishing.
Small amounts of double knitting/light worsted yarn in:
– beige (cookie color)
– brown (peanut color)
Hooks & Notions:
Size 4.00 mm Hook
CH – chain
SC – single crochet
HDC – half double crochet
DC – double crochet
SL ST – slip stitch
I use US Crochet stitch terminology.
Due to the nature of this pattern – the yarn and hook used is only a suggestion and any substitute may be used.
Size of finished product will vary depending on yarn and size of hook used.
Size: 6 cm in diameter worked with a 4.00 mm hook and double knitting/light worsted yarn
Find Peanut Butter Star Cookies On Ravelry!
Share The Love And Please Favorite!
How To Crochet Peanut Butter Star Cookies
Make a magic ring
Rnd 1: CH 3 (counts as 1DC), work 9 DC into the ring, join with SL ST into top of CH3
Rnd 2: *CH 5, work 1 SC into 2nd CH from hook, work 1 HDC into next CH, work 1DC into next 2 CH. Skip next ST, SL ST into next ST, repeat from * all around. SL ST into base of first 5 CH. Fasten off and leave a tail for sewing (Only on one star for assembly of cookie)
Make two stars in cookie color and 1 star in peanut butter color.
What You Will Need To Bake Peanut Butter Star Cookies
125 g butter or margarine
125 ml (1/2 cup) castor snow
5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla essence
125 ml (1/2 cup) crunchy peanut butter
125 ml (1/2 cup) currants
15 glacé cherries, quartered
500 ml (2 cups) cake flour
60 ml (4 tablespoons) maizena (cornflour)
5 ml (1 teaspoon) baking powder
3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) salt
125 ml (1/2 cup ) extra crunchy peanut butter
Makes about 25 cookies
The cherries and currants can also be substituted with chopped dried fruits and nuts!
Use smooth peanut butter if preferred, however extra crunchy can also be used.
How To Bake Peanut Butter Star Cookies
- Cream the butter or margarine and the castor snow together with a wooden spoon.
- Then add the vanilla essence, egg and peanut butter.
- Beat together with a whisk until fluffy.
- Sift the dry ingredients together with a sieve.
- Then add to the creamed mixture.
- Then add the currants and cherries.
- Knead the mixture to form a stiff dough, if the dough sticks to the board, then lightly dust the board with some flour.
- Then roll out the dough on a floured board to 4 mm thickness with a rolling pin.
- Then using a star shaped cutter – cut into stars.
- Place on a greased baking tray, also be sure to not place them too close together.
- Bake at 180 Celsius (356 Fahrenheit) for 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown around the edges.
- Then remove the cookies with a spatula, and place on a cooling rack.
- When cool, stick (use a knife to spread some peanut butter onto one star) two stars together with the extra peanut butter.
This pattern and recipe is part of the (Inter)National Cookie Month Crafty Blog Hop.
Get more recipes and projects from participating bloggers here!
I have been a crochet designer for more than 10 years. I love to think outside the box and to try and do things a bit differently. I love to learn new techniques and to challenge myself. I firmly believe that crochet should fun and evoke joy and pleasure. Creating and designing is one of my life's passions.
“Crochet is an art and crocheters it’s artists. Each crafted item is unique and own to its crafter”
Happy Crocheting Joanita Theron