Cute Kids Joker Beanie – Free Knitting Pattern
This Cute Kids Joker Beanie is part of the Finishing Touches Knit Along.
Super easy to work up, perfect for beginners! Fun item to make for kids!
Share The Love And Please Favorite!
Every other Thursday from January 3 through November 21, 2019, we’ll share a free knitting pattern. Lion Brand has generously provided us with yarn for this KAL, so all of the patterns will be made with Lion Brand yarn.
To keep things interesting, every quarter we’ll have a new theme and a new set of giveaway prizes. We’re kicking off the year with perfect finishing touches to wear around your neck, and great prizes from Lion Brand, Louet, and Search Press!
Easy – perfect for beginners!!
Basic stitches, simple shaping and finishing.
Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice approx 50 g of color of your choice (my color – Rose Shocking )
Made with Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, a medium (worsted, #4) weight 100% acrylic yarn.
Please note these are all affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking one of these links. Thank you for your support!
GET VANNA’S CHOICE AT LIONBRAND!!
Needles & Notions:
Needles – 4, 50 mm (US 7)
K – knit
P – purl
SL – slip
Size: approx 32 cm (approx 12 inches) in width and 17 cm (approx 7 inches) folded in half
Due to the nature of this pattern – the yarn and needles used is only a suggestion and any substitute may be used. Size of finished product will vary depending on yarn and also size of needles used.
Cast on 60 STS – (multiple of 2)
Work in RIB pattern as follows:
- ROW 1: (RS-right side) – SL ST; *K2; P2**. Repeat from *to** until last 3 STS; K3.
- ROW 2: SL ST; *P2; K2**. Repeat from *to** until last 3 STS; P2; K1.
These two rows form the RIB pattern. Continue in pattern until ROW 10.
Work in Stocking pattern as follows from ROW 11:
This part can really be made as long as you like – mine I worked until approx 24 cm ( approx 10 inches)
- Next ROW: (RS-right side) – K until end of row.
- Next ROW: K1; P until last ST K1.
Continue working the two rows above until you have the desired length ending with a P row.
Last 10 ROWS: Work in RIB pattern. Cast off knit-wise.
Weave in ends.
Fold over RIGHT sides together and sew sides together.
OPTIONAL: make two pom-poms work one on each top side points see photos.
I had two loose Crochet Flowers that my daughter wanted me to add to the front of the beanie.
You can of course embellish the beanie with any appliques, buttons or any decor you like!
- Sign up for our newsletter to get an email when a new pattern is released.
- You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #KALCorner on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other knitters, join the KAL Corner Facebook group or visit this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the KAL, you’ll have up to 24 knitted projects. You’ll also have the chance to win great prizes!
As patterns are released, the Finishing Touches KAL schedule will be updated with links to each pattern. You can find the schedule here on Underground Crafter
I have been a crochet designer for more than 10 years. I love to think outside the box and to try and do things a bit differently. I love to learn new techniques and to challenge myself. I firmly believe that crochet should fun and evoke joy and pleasure. Creating and designing is one of my life's passions.
“Crochet is an art and crocheters it’s artists. Each crafted item is unique and own to its crafter”
Happy Crocheting Joanita Theron