Cute Kitty Soap Saver – Free Knitting Pattern
This Cute Kitty Soap Saver is part of the Finishing Touches Knit Along.
Super easy to make and just perfect for gift giving.
Share The Love And Please Favorite!
Every other Thursday from January 3 through November 21, 2019, we’ll share a free knitting pattern. Lion Brand has generously provided us with yarn for this KAL, so all of the patterns will be made with Lion Brand yarn.
To keep things interesting, every quarter we’ll have a new theme and a new set of giveaway prizes. We’re kicking off the year with perfect finishing touches to wear around your neck, and great prizes from Lion Brand, Louet, and Search Press!
Easy – perfect for beginners!!
Basic stitches, simple shaping and finishing.
Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton approx 20 g of color of your choice
Made with Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton, 100% mercerised cotton.
Please note these are all affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking one of these links. Thank you for your support!
GET 24/7 COTTON AT LIONBRAND!!
Needles & Notions:
Needles – 4, 00 mm (US 6)
Ribbon (optional) – approx 15 cm/ 20 cm in length
K – knit
P – purl
SL – slip
Size: approx 15 cm in length – 6 inches
Due to the nature of this pattern – the yarn and needles used is only a suggestion and any substitute may be used. Size of finished product will vary depending on yarn and also size of needles used.
Cast on 30/40 STS – depending on tension and soap size – I casted on 30 STS and it fits a medium sized soap (approx 10 cm/ 4 inches)
- ROW 1: K until end.
- ROW 2: P until end.
- Repeat Row 1 & 2 for pattern – Stocking Stitch – until piece is approx 15 cm / 6 inches in length,
- Last ROW: Cast off – leave a long tail for sewing.
Creating your kitty:
- Fold over and sew top together (head)
- Sew the side together (body) – leave bottom open – this is where the soap will be inserted.
- Weave tail back up for neck – approx 5 cm/ 2 inches for top – weave tail across and pull slightly (pucker) to create neck.
- Weave tail up towards the head and weave (pucker) at each end for ears.
- Fasten off – weave tail away.
- Weave Ribbon thru stitches along the bottom opening.
- Optional – I crocheted a loop at the top of the head so that it could be hang up – approx 10/15 chain.
Now of course this little kitty can be customized anyway you like – since this was made for my daughter (8) – I did NOT add any eyes, or other decorations – mainly for the reason I need the kitty just to be the cotton with the soap.
She has very sensitive skin – so I cannot add anything that might be an irritant.
- Sign up for our newsletter to get an email when a new pattern is released.
- You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #KALCorner on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other knitters, join the KAL Corner Facebook group or visit this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the KAL, you’ll have up to 24 knitted projects. You’ll also have the chance to win great prizes!
As patterns are released, the Finishing Touches KAL schedule will be updated with links to each pattern. You can find the schedule here on Underground Crafter
I have been a crochet designer for more than 10 years. I love to think outside the box and to try and do things a bit differently. I love to learn new techniques and to challenge myself. I firmly believe that crochet should fun and evoke joy and pleasure. Creating and designing is one of my life's passions.
“Crochet is an art and crocheters it’s artists. Each crafted item is unique and own to its crafter”
Happy Crocheting Joanita Theron