Crochet A Block Afghan Series Guidelines
Here are some Crochet a Block Afghan Series Guidelines to help you
complete and enjoy these projects. They are of course completely optional!
Guidelines For The Crochet A Block Afghan Series
The Ultimate what you really need to know!
- My yarn and Hook are ONLY a suggestion (I know that internationally my yarn is not always available and I know that there are many preferred brands) – choose a hook and yarn that you like to work with, that you are comfortable with.
I mean this is a project that spans months – and at times if you are using a hook that is going to give you cramps – those months will quickly turn into years!
- Use the same type of yarn throughout – if you are going to use Light Weight then use it for ALL of yours squares (and for those that find blocking is a foreign or alien term – use the same brand).
WHY? – Because for a block afghan the main goal is to get those blocks the same size.
Believe me – if you are going to have blocks in different yarn weights – you might be inventing a new type of afghan and YOU WILL have a hard time joining them.
And let’s be honest that will NOT be fun.
- And please for your OWN SANITY – use the same HOOK!
And I don’t mean use just 4, 00 mm – I mean if you are using a CLOVER 4, 00 mm keep using that SAME hook throughout!
The reason behind this madness – is that brands DO differ!
Make a note with the brand and size and stick it on your forehead if you must!
I am totally talking out of experience.
And yes some will not agree – again these guidelines ARE optional =D
- Don’t like one of the squares? Great you don’t HAVE to like them all!
Repeat a favorite!
BUT if you do find you are kinda hating them all…..then this series is not for you.
- I try to make my squares balanced so that there are those that are super easy and those that do offer a bit of a challenge. If you find a square that is too challenging; don’t break your hook over it! Leave it! And when you do feel more confident, retry it!
And if you still can’t ‘get’ it – IT IS OK! No one will judge you and throw you out of the crochet community =D
Want to know a secret? I have almost 25/30 years of experience (okay maybe take away 10 years) – I learned how to do the MAGIC RING in 2015! Had NO IDEA what it was! I do now and I can’t live without it! =D
Even as a designer – I do not know it all – I am learning WITH you!
I challenge not only you but also myself!
- This guideline I do consider to carry some importance in the well being of any crocheters (but again this is a preferred option) – WEAVE IN YOUR ENDS AFTER EACH COMPLETED BLOCK. Just throwing it out there…….again this is optional.
- Even though this guide and the points mention above are all optional – I do however feel there is one guide/rule that is NOT optional – but in fact a necessity – and that is HAVE FUN! Enjoy the creative/learning process of making something with your own hands.
This actually applies to ANY project you are doing – love what you do and those that will receive the end product will love it too!
And if they don’t – poke them with your crochet hook!
FIND MY CROCHET A BLOCK 2016 AFGHAN DETAILS HERE!
FIND MY CROCHET A BLOCK 2017 AFGHAN DETAILS HERE!
Hope you enjoyed these Crochet a Block Afghan Series Guidelines.