Twisty Rib Triangle Cowl – Free Knitting Pattern
This Twisty Rib Triangle Cowl is part of the Finishing Touches Knit Along.
Very easy to work up and unique piece to wear as you want!
Share The Love And Please Favorite!
Every other Thursday from January 3 through November 21, 2019, we’ll share a free knitting pattern. Lion Brand has generously provided us with yarn for this KAL, so all of the patterns will be made with Lion Brand yarn.
To keep things interesting, every quarter we’ll have a new theme and a new set of giveaway prizes. We’re kicking off the year with perfect finishing touches to wear around your neck, and great prizes from Lion Brand, Louet, and Search Press!
Basic stitches, simple shaping and finishing.
Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice approx 50 g of color of your choice (my color – Dusty Green )
Made with Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, a medium (worsted, #4) weight 100% acrylic yarn.
Please note these are all affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking one of these links. Thank you for your support!
GET VANNA’S CHOICE AT LIONBRAND!!
Needles & Notions:
Needles – 4, 50 mm (US 7)
K – knit
P – purl
SL – slip
K2tog – knit 2 stitches together
Size: approx 38 cm (15 inches) from first row to last; 35 cm (14 inches) in width (bottom rib section)
Due to the nature of this pattern – the yarn and needles used is only a suggestion and any substitute may be used. Size of finished product will vary depending on yarn and also size of needles used.
Cast on 67 (multiple by 2 plus 1)
Work in RIB pattern as follows:
- ROW 1: (RS-right side) – K3; *P2, K2**. Repeat from * to ** to end of row.
- ROW 2: K1; *P2, K2**. Repeat fro * to ** to last 2 STS; P1, K1.
These two rows form the RIB pattern. Continue in pattern until piece measures approx 8 cm (3 inches);
Work in Stocking pattern as follows:
NOTE: the piece will now steadily decrease on one side only
- Next ROW: (RS-right side) – K2tog; K until end of row.
- Next ROW: K1; P until last ST K1.
Continue working the two rows above until you have 32 STS left and you ended with a RS row.
- Last ROW: Cast off knit-wise.
Weave in ends.
I used a brooch to ‘fasten’my cowl around the neck – this is of course optional. But because you can wear this cowl several ways – I find the brooch easiest to assist with the positioning of the cowl.
- Sign up for our newsletter to get an email when a new pattern is released.
- You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #KALCorner on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other knitters, join the KAL Corner Facebook group or visit this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the KAL, you’ll have up to 24 knitted projects. You’ll also have the chance to win great prizes!
As patterns are released, the Finishing Touches KAL schedule will be updated with links to each pattern. You can find the schedule here on Underground Crafter