Ripple Rib Knit Square – Free Knitting Pattern
This Ripple Rib Knit Square is part of the Harmony Blanket Knit Along.
Quick and fun to work up! Can also be used for any other project!
Share The Love And Please Favorite!
Basic stitches, simple shaping and finishing.
Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice approx 20 g of color of your choice (my color – Dusty Green)
Lion Brand has generously provided us with yarn for this KAL, so all of the patterns will be made with Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, a medium (worsted, #4) weight 100% acrylic yarn.
My colors – Sapphire | Mustard | Dusty Green | Beige
Please note these are all affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking one of these links. Thank you for your support!
GET VANNA’S CHOICE AT LIONBRAND!!
Needles & Notions:
Needles – 4, 50 mm (US 7)
K – knit
P – purl
SL – slip
YO – yarn over
K2tog – knit 2 stitches together
Size: approx 6 inches
Due to the nature of this pattern – the yarn and needles used is only a suggestion and any substitute may be used. Size of finished product will vary depending on yarn and also size of needles used.
This is a modified version of the Ripple Knit stitch – this is NOT the chevron Ripple.
Pattern – K2tog; re-knit 1st ST; K1 – multiple by 3
Pattern – K2tog; re-knit 1st ST; K2 – multiple by 4 (my version)
Instructions for the re-knit:
Cast on 28 (20 plus 8 for border)
- Border Row 1: Knit to last st, P1.
- Border Row 2: SL1, K to last st, P1.
- Border Rows 3 & 4: Rep Border Row 2.
- Row 1: Sl 1, K3; *K2tog; re-knit 1st ST; K2. Repeat from * across to last 4 sts, K3, P1.
- Row 2: Sl 1, K3, P until last 4 stitches, K3, P1.
- Rep Rows 1-2 4 more times;
- Knit 6 Rows; note – if you find your square ‘short’ you can increase this to Knit 10 Rows.
- Rep Row 1-2 5 more times
- Rows 1-4: Rep Border Row 2.
- Bind off/Cast off. Fasten off with long yarn tail for seaming (approximately 3 times the width of square)
How To Join the Harmony Blanket KAL:
- You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #KALCorner on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other knitters, join the KAL Corner Facebook group or visit this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the KAL, you’ll have up to 48 beautiful squares. Learn new stitches while making a blanket and having fun with us!
As patterns are released, the Harmony Blanket KAL schedule will be updated with links to each pattern. You can find the schedule here on Underground Crafter.
I have been a crochet designer for more than 10 years. I love to think outside the box and to try and do things a bit differently. I love to learn new techniques and to challenge myself. I firmly believe that crochet should fun and evoke joy and pleasure. Creating and designing is one of my life's passions.
“Crochet is an art and crocheters it’s artists. Each crafted item is unique and own to its crafter”
Happy Crocheting Joanita Theron